Designing a new space? Whether it’s a home, office, or another type of interior, sooner or later, you’re going to need to think about the flooring materials that you’ll need when designing your space. A lot of people like to use nice rugs or other materials to line their hallways and other rooms, but if you want something that can stand the test of time and is also regarded as a worthwhile investment, you should look into installing a carpet.
From ornate carpets to the modern office carpet in Singapore, there are many types of carpet out there for the curious homeowner or manager. Nowadays, there are even other types of carpet that emulate different textures and appearances. For example, you can even get an artificial grass carpet to emulate a backyard or outdoor environment without having to worry about tending to grass or buying other expensive materials.
A room without a carpet can look quite different than a room that has one. Carpets add a distinctive style and appearance that can enhance the look of a room. Many designers use carpets as an additional stylistic accessory to complete room makeovers.
In many homes, hardwood is a top option when it comes to flooring. But carpet is rapidly gaining in popularity. With the wide variety of carpets available to you today, should you be thinking about getting a carpet for your space? Well, there are many pros and cons to getting a carpet. Before you go searching for a carpet supplier in Singapore, getting acquainted with its various drawbacks and advantages might be in your best interest. Here are a few things you should note about getting a carpet before you make the choice of adding one to your home.
1) It’s soft. Let’s face it, hardwood and other hard flooring materials can risk making a room feel hard and sterile. Compared to these materials, carpets add a softer feel to the room (both literally and figuratively). It can give a space warmer tones and also cushion your flooring. If you’ve got a house full of toddlers, or if you just want a comfier option, you can’t go wrong with getting a carpet.
2) There’s tons of designs to choose from. Compare it with hardwood flooring, marble, or tiles– you expect these flooring materials to look a certain way, and therefore, these flooring materials can be quite limited in terms of styles and designs. Compare that with a visit to your local carpet supplier in Singapore. You can easily see that there are many carpet styles available, from minimalist ones to ornate ones, to classic designs and more. You can even find them in several different fabric types, like linen, nylon, and even bamboo. You can probably find a carpet style and material to match any theme, and some even create custom carpet designs.
3) It’s much easier and faster to install. There’s probably no other flooring solution that’s easier to install than a carpet. Some carpets only need to be laid down on the floor. Some carpets only need quick installation services from a professional. Generally, they are less expensive than installing many types of hard flooring. For example, installing tiles requires some work from professionals and needs extra materials such as grout to seal them in.
4) It’s a less costly option compared to many other types of flooring. Have you checked the costs of other flooring materials such as tiles? You’ll find that carpets are a much cheaper option, making them a popular choice for many homeowners nowadays. Even a carpet tiles supplier in Singapore selling high-quality carpets have price ranges that are lower than hard flooring options of the same quality.
1) It can wear down and degrade easily. The achilles heel of any soft flooring is that they are not as durable or as long-lived as hard flooring options. Over time, they may show signs of wear and tear as they are exposed to the elements. A hardwood floor that is exposed to the same conditions will outlive a carpet floor several times over– that is, unless you take care of your carpet. This is why you have to be picky about the placement of your carpet.
2) It’s a magnet for dirt and grime. Understandable, especially if your carpet is made out of fabric or other porous materials. A regular office carpet in Singapore can attract a lot of dirt and grime if it is in a high-traffic area, hence it needs to be vacuumed often.
3) It can get stained– and the stains aren’t easy to wash out. One of the biggest drawbacks of any type of carpet is that it can easily get stained. While some types of carpet fibres are water or stain resistant, once moisture penetrates the uper layers, it can lead to longer-lasting damage that can easily destroy your whole carpet. In some cases, the moisture can even attract nasty things such as mold and mildew, creating a health and cleanliness hazard that needs to be addresses as soon as possible.
4) It’s not a suitable flooring option for every space. Sure, getting an office carpet in Singapore isn’t out of place, but there are just some rooms where you can’t use carpets because of the other aforementioned drawbacks. For example, you can’t use carpets to line kitchens because kitchens are where spills and stains can happen. Likewise for the bathroom. You have to pick and choose which places get to be carpeted and which cannot.
Whether it’s carpet tiles or an artificial grass carpet in Singapore, you can find many carpet products and supplies to accessorise your home. Learn more about what we can offer you today.